Samaná Whale Watching + Cayo Levantado + Los Haitises (All included in Ticket price)
Excursion for Whale watching in Samana bay starting from Samana port. Full day trip for whale watching in Samana bay and visiting the historical Island of Cayo Levantado plus Lunch on the beach. After this we go to Visit Los Haitises National Park. Private Tour to avoid big groups of tourists and live the adventure only with your
family or friends!
- Whale Watching trip
- Los Haitises National park
- Entrance fees to Observatory
- Includes Buffet lunch on the beach
- Boat Transfer
- The Captain provides instruction and Supervision
- Tour Guide
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Buffet lunch on the beach
- Tour Guide
- Catamaran or Boat Trip depent the group size.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Transfer Car
- Alcoholic Drinks
Departure & Return
The traveler will get a meeting point after the Reservation Process. Tours start and Finished in our meeting points.
What To Expect?
1. The Tour start anytime you pick from Samaná port in a private boat. We recommend
to start in the morning, because it is a full day trip. You will meet our team in our
office next to the Royal Restaurant. Aborting your boat and cruise out into the open
waters to observe the humpback whales in their natural calving and mating ground is
the Samana Peninsula. Our Captains are professionals and trained to make sure
you see the whales. You will learn about the behavior and biology of these marine
mammals from your expert naturalist guide.
2. After Whale watching observatory, you visit Bacardi Island / Cayo Levantado. One
of the most beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic. Right here, we provide a
typical dominican lunch on the beach by buffet (Rice, Beans, Fish, Salads…). When
lunch is finished you can spend some time on the beach or walking around.
3. At anytime you pick, we are leaving from Bacardi Island, passing Samaná bay to
Sabana de la Mar side to visit The Los Haitises National Park. Visiting Islands with
birds around. In the nesting season, we can even see the Pelicans chicks on the
nests. Getting more inside of the rocky Island and going through the mangroves and
land at the open San Lorenzo Bay, from where you can photograph the rugged
Take a look to the water to see Manatees, crustaceans,
and dolphins, if we are lucky. Adventure deeper into the park to explore caves such
as the Cueva de la Arena and Cueva de la Línea where you can see the
Pictographs of the original inhabitants Taino Indians.
4. .After visiting Los Haitises National Park we are going back to Samaná port passing
Samaná bay around 30 min. The Tour finish at the same port in Samana.
Interested to read: The national park’s name comes from its original inhabitants, the Taino
Indians. In their language “Haitises” translates to highlands or Hills, a reference to the
coastline’s steep geological formations with Limestones. Caves in the reserve were used as
shelter by the Taino Indians and, later, by hiding pirates
Note: This is a private Tour, the duration depend on you how long you would like to
stay on each place. Also the starting time you can set up with us.
The price is 140 USD per person (4 people).
What you should bring?
- Repellent buds
- Comfortable pants
- Sandals to the beach
- Swimming wear
- Cash for souvenirs
Hotel pick-up is not offered for this tour.
Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/Excursion departure time, we can arrangements hotel pick-up with extra Charges. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local Tour guide to organize pick-up arrangements.
Additional Info Confirmation
- Tickets are the Receipt after paying this Tour. You can show the payment on your phone.
- Meeting Point Will be received After the Reservation Process.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.